Aston, PA—Sister Francis Regina McBride, OSF, 90, died in Assisi House on July 13. She had been a professed member of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia for 64 years. Sister Francis Regina (baptized Mary Theresa McBride) was born in Norfolk, Virginia. She graduated from St. Joseph High School in Huntington, West Virginia, and later moved to Philadelphia where she was a member of St. Anne Parish. Prior to her entrance into the congregation in 1945 she was employed by John Wanamaker Store where she did clerical work. She professed her first vows in 1947. She later earned a B.S. in Education from Villanova University and ministered primarily in both elementary and secondary eduation. She began her teaching career at Immaculate Conception School in Towson, Maryland, where she taught from 1946-1948.
Sister Francis Regina ministered for 45 years in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. She taught at Our Lady of Consolation School (1948-1953); St. Francis DeSales School, Lenni (1961-1962); Hallahan High School (1962-1964, 1970-1976); and St. Pius X High School, Pottstown (1964-1970). From 1984-1987 she worked in the library at St. Hubert High School and tutored students at St. Mary of the Assumption School in Philadelphia from 1987-1990. From 1976-1983 she worked in the finance office for the Sisters of St. Francis in Aston. Sister Francis Regina moved to Assisi House in Aston in 1999 where served in prayer ministry until her death.
Sister Francis Regina ministered for 18 years in the Diocese of Allentown. She taught at Sacred Heart School (1953-1961) and at Blessed Sacrament School, Bally (1983-1984). From 1990-1999 she lived at Neumann Convent in Reading.
All services will be held in Assisi House, 600 Red Hill Road, on Monday, July 18. A Christian Wake Service will be held at 9:30 A.M followed by viewing. Mass of Christian Burial will be at 11 A.M. Burial will be in Our Lady of Angels Cemetery in Aston. Sister Francis Regina is survived by nieces, a nephew, cousins, and by her Franciscan family. Donations in her name can be made to the Sisters of St. Francis Foundation, 609 S. Convent Road, Aston, PA 19014.