Aston, PA—Sister Margaret Eugene Beall, OSF, (90) died in Assisi House on September 9. She had been a professed member of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia for 60 years. Sister Margaret Eugene was born in Baltimore, Maryland, where she was a member of St. Brigid Parish and a graduate of Eastern High School. Prior to her entrance into the congregation, she worked at International Printing Ink in Baltimore. She entered the congregation in 1945 and professed her first vows in 1948. She earned a B.S. in Business Education from Marywood College in 1955 and an M.S. in Educational Administration from St. Bonaventure University in 1961. Sister Margaret ministered in education on both elementary and secondary levels and in congregational administration.
Sister Margaret Eugene ministered for 41 years in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. She taught at St. Benedict School from 1947-1950. She also ministered at Hallahan High School (1950-1953, 1954-1970), first as a teacher and later as prefect of discipline. From 1970-1987 she served in congregational ministry for the Sisters of St. Francis, first as personnel director and later as secretary general of the congregation. In 2011 she moved to Assisi House in Aston where she served in prayer ministry until her death.
Sister Margaret Eugene also ministered in the Archdiocese of Baltimore for 24 years. From 1987-1989 she was part of the provincial staff for the former St. Joseph Province. From 1989-2011 she worked at the Catholic High School of Baltimore, first as a teacher and later as an office assistant in the technology department.
All services will be held in Our Lady of Angels Convent Chapel Aston. A Christian Wake Service will be held at 10:30 A.M. followed by viewing. Mass of Christian Burial will be at 12 noon. Burial will be in Our Lady of Angels Cemetery in Aston. Sister Margaret Eugene is survived by her sisters, Edna Rehak and Norma Flynn, her nieces and nephews, and by her Franciscan family. Donations in her name can be made to the Sisters of St. Francis Foundation, 609 S. Convent Road, Aston, PA 19014.