Franciscan Farm Fellows is a new pilot program of the Office of Young Adults with the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia. Beginning August 1st and ending mid-December, Franciscan Farm Fellows will work at Red Hill Farm, a six-acre organic Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm, learning about sustainable agriculture from the ground up. Farm Fellows will work as a team alongside farmers, volunteers, and other participating fellows to cultivate a healthy farm and grow organic produce. This program thoughtfully intertwines the Franciscan Tradition into the farming experience. Franciscan Farm Fellows will be given ample opportunities for prayer, reflection, and deepening of faith through time spent with the director, attending retreats, workshops, and interactions with the Sisters of St. Francis. All Farm Fellows will live in community, supporting each other by sharing household responsibilities as well as supporting each other in their individual and collective spiritual journeys.
- Motivated by the gospels we strive to deepen relationships through the promotion of the dignity and holiness of every person and all creation.
- Community: Franciscan Farm Fellows live together in an intentional community where they give mutual support to one another and work toward building open and honest relationships. Franciscan Farm Fellows collaboratively set community goals and challenge one another to live simply in solidarity with those with whom they minister.
- Ecological Justice: Franciscan Farm Fellows have the opportunity to grow in understanding the need to care for creation through farming and communal commitment to living sustainably. Franciscan Farm Fellows will join the Sisters of St. Francis and the farmers of Red Hill Farm in the practice of becoming respectful stewards of the environment that sustains us all.
- Contemplative Action: Franciscan Farm Fellows challenge themselves and each other to put their faith, rooted in contemplation, into action. Enriched through personal and communal prayer within the Franciscan Farm Fellows community and in relationship with the Sisters of St. Francis, Franciscan Farm Fellows grow deeper in self-awareness and understanding of their personal call.
- The Franciscan Tradition: Franciscan Farm Fellows are immersed in the Franciscan Tradition through retreats, workshops, daily living, and interactions with the Sisters of St. Francis. The Franciscan Tradition focuses on teachings and examples of St. Francis of Assisi who desired to live as Jesus did. Franciscan Farm Fellows grow in understanding how we are called to live the Gospel Message in today’s world.
Interested in learning more about our pilot program of the Franciscan Farm Fellows? Contact Sara Marks at (610) 558-7709 or email: email@example.com.