Aston, PA—Sister Ann Nederostek, OSF, (100) (formerly Sister Marina) died in Assisi House on January 31. She had been a professed member of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia for 79 years. Sister Ann was born in Fullerton, Pennsylvania, where she was a member of St. Mary Parish in Catasauqua. She entered the congregation in 1933 and professed her first vows in 1935. She earned a B.S. in Education from Villanova University. Sister Ann ministered primarily in elementary and secondary education. After her retirement, she worked as a library aide in several schools and as a hospital volunteer.
Sister Ann ministered for 43 years in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. She taught at St. Mary of the Assumption School in Manayunk (1934-1943, 1945-1950), West Catholic High School (1943-1944, 1959-1964), St. Joseph Home (1944-1945), and Resurrection School in Chester (1950-1957). From 1999-2006 she lived at St. Agnes Medical Center Convent in Philadelphia where she served in prayer ministry and volunteered in the hospital. In 2006 she moved to Assisi House in Aston where she first worked as a volunteer and later served in prayer ministry until her death.
Sister Ann ministered in the Diocese of Allentown for 35 years. She taught at Holy Name High School in Reading (1964-1971). At Allentown Central Catholic High School where she ministered from 1971-1986, she worked first as an aide in the school office and then as assistant librarian. From 1986-1995 she served as a library aide in Sacred Heart School in Allentown. From 1995-1999 she lived at Holy Ghost Convent in Bethlehem where she served in prayer ministry. Additional ministry included teaching at St. Anthony School in Trenton from 1957-1959.
All services will be held in Assisi House, 610 Red Hill Road, Pennsylvania, 19014 on Thursday, February 6. A Christian Wake Service will be held at 9:30 A.M. followed by a viewing. Mass of Christian Burial at will be at 11 A.M. Burial will be in Our Lady of Angels Cemetery in Aston. Sister Ann is survived by her nieces and nephews and by her Franciscan family. Donations in her name can be made to the Sisters of St. Francis Foundation, 609 S. Convent Road, Aston, PA 19014.