Director of Anna’s Place, A Franciscan Hospitality Center, Chester, PA
- Directs, evaluates, and coordinates the activities of Anna’s Place to ensure it achieves its mission.
- Reflects and communicates the mission, vision, and values of the Sisters of St. Francis.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: managing the staff and volunteers and motivating them to take ownership of the goals and mission; orienting staff and volunteers to the mission and values of the organization; developing/offering programs and activities based on community needs; ensuring the building is maintained; developing/managing the budget in concert with congregational finance department; and serving as a liaison with civic officials and personnel in local churches and mosques.
- Knowledge and understanding of and a commitment to the mission and values of the Sisters of St. Francis.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Management experience preferred.
- A desire and willingness to serve the poor and marginalized.
- Enthusiasm in modeling service/servant leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead as well as serve as a contributing team member.
- Ability to work independently and to problem solve.
- Facility in public relations and fundraising.
- Ability to use the computer, i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook.
- Flexibility with work schedule to allow participation in evening and/or weekend programs/activities sponsored by Anna’s Place.
Responses requested by November 1, 2018. Qualified candidates can email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to: Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia, 609 South Convent Road, Aston, PA 19014, Attn: Mary Beth Oberg, Human Resources.
Volunteer Opportunities, Red Hill Farm, Aston, PA
- Red Hill Farm is seeking volunteers to work on the farm
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to planting, watering, weeding, setting-up irrigation, harvesting, and pest control.
- Willing to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
For more information visit www.redhillfarm.org.