Aston, PA—Sister Anne Miller, OSF (formerly Sister Mary William), 90, died in Assisi House on July 1. She had been a professed member of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia for 69 years. Sister Anne was born in Philadelphia where she was a member of St. Bonaventure Parish and a graduate of Little Flower High School. She entered the congregation in 1948 and professed her first vows in 1951. Sister Anne earned a B.A. from Villanova, Pennsylvania. At the Catholic University of America in Washington, DC, she earned a Masters in Religious Education and both an M.A. and a PhD in Latin with a minor in Greek. She ministered primarily in education on elementary, secondary, and university levels.

Sister Anne ministered for 48 years in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.  She taught at Resurrection School, Hallahan High School, St. Hubert High School, Lansdale Catholic High School, Neumann University, and Villanova University. She also served for six years as a member of the congregational leadership for the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia. In later years she volunteered in the Sisters of St. Francis Foundation Office and at Assisi House, the congregation’s retirement residence in Aston. Sister Anne moved to Assisi House in 2014 and served in prayer and hospitality ministry until her death.

During Sister Anne’s six years in the Archdiocese of Baltimore, she taught at Little Flower School and at Towson Catholic High School. During her three years in the Diocese of Wilmington, she taught at St. Mark’s High School. In later years she lived in Wilmington and commuted to her teaching assignments in Philadelphia. Additional experience in education took her to the Diocese of Allentown where she taught at Reading Central Catholic High School and the Diocese of Trenton where she taught at McCorriston High School.

All services will be held in Assisi House on July 15 and will be private. Burial will be in Our Lady of Angels Cemetery in Aston. Sister Anne is survived by her nieces and nephews and by her Franciscan family. Donations in her name can be made to the Sisters of St. Francis Foundation, 609 S. Convent Road, Aston, PA 19014.