Education is an important component in supporting the mission of Red Hill Farm. Our goal is to inspire students and members of all ages to experience fresh, local, and healthy food. Check back for more information about the programs we are planning for 2021.
Below are some of the events we had planned for 202 and an example of what we hope and plan to have again in the near future.
- Household Plants Workshop – learn how to care for your household plants with Penn State Extension ~ 10 A.M. – 12 P.M.
- Introduction to Plant-based Living – with Janine Berstein, Certified in Plant-based Nutrition from Cornell University, discover the benefits of a plant-based diet, learn recipes, and sample vegan desserts ~ 11 A.M. – 12 P.M.
- Let’s Cook Vegetarian – help prepare a tasty lunch with Penn State Extension (Free will donation of $15) ~ 10 A.M. – 12 P.M.
- Coffee and Climate Change – watch the documentary Paris to Pittsburgh, enjoy complimentary coffee and other morning beverages and treat ~ 10 A.M. – 12 P.M.
- Faith, Ecology, and Life – learn about integral ecology, our new native plant garden, and plant your own garden stone with The Saint Kateri Conservation Center ~ 10 A.M.- 12 P.M.
- Ayurveda Yoga Class on the Farm – with Rebecca Damia, enjoy a light lunch after practicing yoga on the farm ~ 10 A.M. – 12 P.M.
Most events are free and held at Our Lady of Angels Convent at 609 S. Convent Rd, Aston, PA 19014. RSVP to (610) 558-6799.