Strategies That Reflect Vision And Principles
- Promote the environmental vision and principles of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia through its external communication, Good News.
- Promote the ongoing environmental activities of Franciscan Sponsored Ministries through environmental auditing, consultation and ongoing education.
- Maintain and enhance areas identified as woodlands, wetlands, and meadows as a wildlife sanctuary. Implement integrated pest-management and other practices that promote ecological balance.
- Maintain the woodlands, wetlands, and meadows areas as a wildlife sanctuary.
- Promote and demonstrate healthy living through: organic farming (Red Hill Farm CSA), encouraging healthy nutrition based on eco-justice values, maintaining a pesticide-free environment and by monitoring and evaluating all purchases for their environmental impact.
- Delineate and clearly define land use and access for public use so to enhance community collaboration, preservation of the integrity of the land, and privacy.
- Prepare for possible transfer of motherhouse property to future generations who will exhibit a Franciscan-world view.
Principles That Guide Our Actions
Interrelational: Acknowledges that because of the interconnectedness of all components of the universe, any action taken affects the whole.
Sustainable: Provides for the needs of our generation without compromising and limiting the resources and choices of future generations.
Educational: Stimulates awareness of personal and corporate environmental responsibility which leads to dialogue and action.
Demonstrable: Witnesses tangibly to positive environmental practices in our lifestyle and land use.