Resources: The following sites are sources of enrichment and resources for reflection and prayer.
- Access what the site identifies as “enough literature to last a lifetime.”
- Find texts written by saints and other authors.
- Locate sources that might be used for family or religious education group discussions.
- Visit the Questions and Answers page.
- Choose from information in many languages.
- Explore the “Prayer and Song” section to learn how to prepare a prayer in the style of Taize.
- Check out the daily Scripture reading.
- Access a listing of available videos, CDs, and books.
The following sites might be of interest to families.
- Daily prayers and reflections
- Scripture readings
- Book reviews
- Coloring pages
- Word search activities
- Movie Reviews
- “A Mother’s Magnificat”
- Short readings in “Feasts, Seasons, Sacraments”
- Parenting ideas
- Media advice for families, including ideas on video games, internet, and movies
- This site contains text of several of the poems included in the book The Place Within: The Poetry of Pope John Paul II.
- Provides a daily prayer online in English and 17 other languages
- Invites you to make a “sacred space” in your day, praying for ten minutes at your computer with the help of on-screen guidance and scripture chosen specially every day
- Companion website for the weekly PBS television program, “The Religion and Ethics Newsweekly”
- Offers news from a religious/ethical perspective
- Offers weekly e-mail preview, articles by scholars and historians
- Free clip art for parish bulletins